For the past few weeks I have completely gone into a slump. Even attempting to complete this post is exhausting sigh.
From the end of October until the beginning of November I have completely lost all motivation in everything I usually do. It has felt like my mind has been completely empty. Everything I need to do is just exhausting and so overwhelming. I have also been quick sick which didn’t help the situation – on top of feeling mentally tired, I had a runny nose and a stupid cough which niggled at me 24/7. Also dealing with a few family issues which are continuing to worsen. THE STRESS.
My usual way of dealing with this is just distancing myself from everything and everyone until I feel confident enough to get back to reality. I must admit, I did that for at least a week and a half which included missing ALL my lectures (only 2 tutorials though, which is good considering) and letting the house get messy.
However, I am very fortunate enough to have a loving and supportive boyfriend who is there for me 24/7 (despite being an emotionless toad). And my family. Gosh I love my bloody family. I am so lucky to have such amazing parents. To be able to video call my mother whenever I am feeling down really makes me feel happier.
I am slowly getting myself back on track and going to be setting myself some goals (some silly, practical & self-love) which will hopefully make me feel better mentally. As well as get myself focused and prepared for the my deadlines (end of November) and exam season.
Mini Goals Until 2018:
- Finish essay plans ✅
- Get all deadlines in (a few days before, if possible!) ✅
- XMAS shopping done before end of November
- Use a face mask weekly
- Sort out my mentor support for university ✅
- Brush my hair daily
- Get a hair cut
- Catch up on readings ✅
- Organise cupboards in the kitchen ✅
- Colour my nails every other week
- Increase intake of green tea ✅
- Apply to become Student Ambassador ✅
- Purchase tickets home for XMAS ✅
- Get Christmas blog posts started ✅
- Revision cards/booklets for exam season (before 20th December)
- Drink more water
- Stop eating so many biscuits (my skin…awful)
- Attend all lectures & tutorials until the end of Semester
- Apply to become a Keele Mentor ✅
- Get new doors fitted ✅
It does NOT matter if I do not complete my list of goals. As long as I am happy and healthy then it is all OK!
Otherwise the self-loathing of sticking to nothing will haunt me and I will never get anything done!
Do you guys have any techniques you do to get out of a ‘slump’? And have you set yourself goals for the rest of the year? IF SO – have you stuck to them so far?